Board Action Summary
June 10, 2003
Meeting of the Board of Education
Ron Ottinger, John de Beck, Frances O’Neill Zimmerman, Ed Lopez
and Katherine Nakamura present.
View the associated board
The Board of Education made the following appointments 5-0, with effective
dates to be determined:
BARRY, Carol - from Principal, Carson Elementary to Principal, Pacific
Beach Middle School.
- from Principal, Jackson Elementary to Principal, Lee Elementary.
- from Vice Principal, Jackson Elementary to Principal, Jackson
- from Principal, Lee Elementary to Principal, Sherman Elementary.
- from Principal, Promise Charter to Principal, Kennedy Elementary.
- from Vice Principal, Montgomery Middle to Acting Principal, ALBA
- from Principal, Baker Elementary to Acting Principal, Gage Elementary.
- from Principal, Central Elementary to Principal, Pacific Beach
- from Program Specialist (Administrative Intern), Taft Middle to
Principal, Lafayette Elementary.
- from Old Town Program Administrator to District Counselor.
- from Vice Principal, Perkins Elementary to Principal, Perkins
- from Principal, Pacific Beach Middle to Principal, Muir Alternative.
- from Principal, Kimbrough Elementary to Acting Principal, Johnson
- from Principal, Youth Opportunities Unlimited (Y.O.U.) to Administrator
on Special Assignment, Clairemont High School.
- from Vice Principal, Hamilton Elementary to Principal, Hamilton
- from Principal, Kennedy Elementary to Principal, Hickman Elementary.
- from Principal, MacDowell Elementary to Principal on Special Assignment,
- from Principal, Hickman Elementary to Principal, Baker Elementary.
- from Principal, ALBA to Principal, Garfield High School.
- from Vice Principal, Chavez Elementary to Principal, Chavez Elementary
- from Vice Principal, Lincoln High to Principal, Linda Vista Elementary.
ROMO, Juan -
from Vice Principal, Hamilton Elementary to Principal, Brooklyn
- from Vice Principal, Emerson/Bandini to Principal, Burbank Elementary.
- from Acting Vice Principal, Sherman Elementary to Principal, Edison
- from Principal, Curie Elementary to Acting Principal, Standley
- from Principal, Tierrasanta Elementary to Principal, Kimbrough
- from Principal, Sherman Elementary to Principal, Mann Middle.
CARR, Sharon - from Principal, Pacific Beach Elementary to Vice
Principal, Johnson Elementary.
GORDON, R. Christian
- from Principal, Johnson Elementary to Vice Principal, Knox Elementary.
- from Vice Principal, Clairemont High to Vice Principal, Henry
- from Vice Principal, Knox Elementary to Vice Principal, Hamilton
- from Vice Principal, Johnson Elementary to Vice Principal, Kennedy
Content Administrators (Literacy, Science and Math Administrators)
1, 2003, the work year for the Content Administrators listed below
will be reduced per board action taken on May 13, 2003:
Site Literacy Administrators
VAN DUSEN, David
Site Math Administrators
The Board of
Education made the following appointments 4-1, with Zimmerman voting
no, and with effective dates to be determined:
- from Principal, Webster Elementary to Principal, Chollas/Mead
Jerrilee - from Principal, Language Academy to Principal, Emerson/Bandini
- from Principal, Mann Middle to Acting Principal, Muirlands Middle.
- from Program Specialist (Administrative Intern), Marshall Elementary
to Principal, Marshall Elementary.
- from Director, Literacy Department to Principal, Central Elementary.
Chas - from Program Specialist (Administrative Intern), Edison Elementary
to Principal, Garfield Elementary.
Kelly - from Program Specialist (Administrative Intern), King Elementary
to Principal, King Elementary.
- from Assistant Director, Literacy Department to Principal, Webster
The Board of
Education made the following appointments 3-2, with Zimmerman and
de Beck voting no, and with effective date to be determined:
PHILLIPS, Mildred - from Principal, Farb Middle to Principal, Youth
Opportunities Unlimited (Y.O.U.) School.
- from Acting Principal, Correia Middle to Acting Principal, Dana
- from Principal, Ocean Beach Elementary to Acting Principal, Correia
Major agenda items included:
The board recognized
district teachers who achieved National Board certification in November
The board voted
4-1, with de Beck voting no, for the authorization to commence with
the appraisal process, relocation plan, and/or other related procedures
to acquire the property for the 52nd Street Area Elementary School
- Alternative Site A. Staff to research acquiring additional property
and return to the board with analysis in July. (E.6.k)
The board voted
4-1, with Zimmerman voting no, for the site leadership recruitment
The board voted
5-0 for the approval of the district's Local Education Agency Plan
required under No Child Left Behind. (E.9.a)
<< Return to main Board
of Education page