for October 29, 2007
Luis Acle, John de Beck, Shelia Jackson, Mitz Lee and Katherine Nakamura present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments 5-0, with effective dates to be determined:
Lopez-Mendez, Veronika, from vice principal, Balboa Elementary School, to Principal, Language Academy School.
Smith, Charlie L., from resource teacher, Johnson Magnet Elementary School to Principal, Johnson Magnet Elementary School.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted 3-2 to Approve, with Acle and Jackson in Opposition:
Criteria sought for new San Diego Superintendent.
The Board voted 4-1 to Approve, with Acle in Opposition:
Upcoming Board meetings:
- November 20: Board goal setting workshop; continued on Nov. 21 and 26 if needed.
- November 26: Board workshop on interview process and final stage of search; Board presented slate of candidates for interviews.
- November 27-28: Initial interviews with candidates.
- November 29: Board identifies semi-finalists.
- December 2-4: Board interviews semi-finalists.
- December 10: Board identifies finalist.
Districtís response to the recent fire emergency