Luis Acle, John de Beck, Shelia Jackson, Mitz Lee and Katherine Nakamura present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments 4-0 (de Beck absent), with effective dates to be determined:
Gonzalez, Georgina, from Teacher, Kimbrough Elementary School, to, Vice Principal, Balboa Elementary School.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted 4-1 to approve, with Acle in Opposition:
- Option A of the 2008-09 Plan for Title I Eligibility Ranking and Participation
The Board voted 4-0 with de Beck absent to approve:
- Amend the employment contract for District Superintendent of San Diego Unified, Dr. Terry Grier, to commence on March 24, 2008.
- Adopt the Tentative Agreement between the San Diego Unified School District and the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 724 – Operations-Support Services (OSS).
- Accepted a report prepared by Dr. Thomas Hehir, “Recommendations Document, Improving Educational Outcomes for Student with Disabilities in San Diego.” Staff recommendations were revised.
2008-09 Plan for Title I Eligibility Ranking and Participation
- A motion to approve the staff recomendations was defeated, 3-2, with Acle and Jackson in favor, and de Beck, Lee and Nakamura in opposition.
- A motion requesting that staff bring back to the next meeting information on how Title I funds are spent at each school, as well as other information, was approved 3-2, with de Beck, Lee and Nakamura in favor, and Acle and Jackson in opposition.
The Board voted 3-1 to approve, with de Beck absent, Acle in Opposition:
- 2007-08 Annual Budget Plan and Annual Service Plan for the Local Plan for Special Education.
Recognition and Presentations:
Presentation of colors: Hoover High School Junior ROTC.