Luis Acle, John de Beck, Shelia Jackson, Mitz Lee and Katherine Nakamura present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments 5-0, with effective dates to be determined:
Martel, Julie, from Principal, Lee Elementary School, to Principal, Pacific Beach Middle School.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted 5-0 to approve:
- Ratification of a Contract Waiver Request by the San Diego Unified School District of the San Diego Education Association (SDEA) Collective Negotiations Contract, Section 25.5.2 extending the deadline to March 7, 2008 for sites to complete the decisionmaking process for the elimination of existing bargaining unit positions, in accordance with Section 3547.5 of the California Government Code and Section 1031 of the Bylaws of the Board of Education.
- On-Loan agreements effective March 3, 2008 through June 30, 2008 and July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009, with the Partnership for Los Angeles Schools for the professional services of Staci Monreal and Angela Bass.
- That the District has the intention of placing a bond issue on the November 2008 ballot.
- That the Board of Education will establish an ad-hoc committee to work on the bond issue on the November 2008 ballot.
The Board voted 3-2, with Acle and Jackson in opposition, to approve:
- Preliminary offers for allocation of facilities for Charter Schools under Proposition 39 (Education Code Section 47614) for the 2008-09 school year.
The Board voted 3-2, with Acle and Lee in opposition, to approve:
- Resolution in the Matter of Public Funding for Public Education and the State Budget Crisis.