Luis Acle, John de Beck, Shelia Jackson, Mitz Lee and Katherine Nakamura present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
Kowba, Bill from Chief Financial Officer to Chief Logistics Officer, effective date to be determined.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted 5-0 to approve:
- A Resolution Recognizing The Contributions Of Walter Kudumu.
- Adopt District's Initial Proposal to OSS for 2008-09 Reopener.
- Approve Option 3 of Millennial Tech Middle School, located at Gompers East, and New Middle School on Memorial Location, with TIIG funding equalized between both schools.
- Approve Developer-Funded Environmental Impact Study for Mira Mesa High Digital Theatre Proposal
- Approve New Policy on Transition/Assimilation of Non-District Schools and Students to District Status
- The Public Hearing and Adoption of Resolution Accepting Consolidation Parcel Maps for Mead, Normal Heights and Fay Elementary Schools.
The Board voted 4-1, with Acle in opposition, to approve:
- Board Authorization And Direction To Staff To Evaluate The Feasibility Of A Parcel Tax Measure For The November 2008 Ballot.
The Board voted 3-2, with Acle and Jackson in opposition, to approve:
- Adopt Resolutions in the Matter of Elimination/Reductions of Classified Services
ResolutionsThe Board approved the following resolutions:
- Recognition of May 6, 2008, as San Diego Unified School District Day of The Teacher
- Recognition of May 2008 as Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Recognition Of May 7, 2008, As National School Nurse Day
- Recognition of May 2008 as World Languages and Cultures Month
- Recognition of May 7, 2008, as Law Enforcement Memorial Day
Recognition and Presentations:Presentation of colors: Point Loma High School Junior ROTC.