Luis Acle, John de Beck, Shelia Jackson, Mitz Lee and Katherine Nakamura present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
LIBERTO, Thomas, from Principal, Jerebek Elementary School, to Principal, Monroe Clark Middle School.
MARTEN, Cynthia, from Vice Principal, Central Elementary School, to Principal, Central Elementary School.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted 5-0 to approve:
- Set a schedule of public meetings for July-December 2008
- Adopt a Contract Waiver Request from Monroe Clark Middle School
- Adopt a Contract Waiver Request from Rosa Parks Elementary School
- Adopt the District's Initial Proposal and Response to SDEA to Bargain a Successor Agreement for 2008-2009 and Beyond
- Proposed restructuring plan with amendments for Mann Middle Schools (5-0). Plans for ALBA (Alternative Learning for Behavior and Attitude), Correia Middle, Emerson Bandini Elementary, Garfield High, Logan Elementary, Montgomery Middle, Madison High and Twain were withdrawn.
- Attendance Boundary Adjustment for Memorial Preparatory for Scholars and Athletes
- The Charter Petition for Innovations Academy
- Conservation of the District's Art Collection: Update and Plan
- Agreement with Deberie L. Gomez-Grobe to provide services as a professional consultant from May 1, 2008 through June 6, 2008
The Board voted 4-1, with Acle in opposition, to approve:
- Superintendentís Recommendation on Partial Restoration of Personnel Reductions/Eliminations. A total of 428.67 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions were restored for the 2008-09 school year. The positions are as follows:Permanent Teachers, Elementary: 308.3. Permanent Teachers, Middle/High/Alternative Education: art, 1.0; music, 2.2; physical education, 12.0, social science, 6.17; Spanish, 6.5. Probationary Nurses, 28.0. Instructional Media Center staff, 6.5. Custodial, 10.0. Landscapers, 4.0. Vice Principals, 44.0. Staff which will have layoff notices rescinded or will be offered contracts for the 2008-09 school year will be notified invidually by the Human Resources Department as soon as possible. For assistance, call Debi Giolzetti at (619) 725-7132. See Board Item E.04
The Board voted 3-2, with Acle and Jackson in opposition, to approve:
- New District Promotion/Retention Policy and Plan
The Board voted 3-0, with Jackson and Nakamura recused, to approve:
- Authorize payment to Douglas E. Barnhart, Inc. on Lincoln High School, Increment 2, Contract C-7193
Recognition and Presentations:Presentation of colors: Morse High School Junior ROTC.