Luis Acle, John de Beck, Shelia Jackson, Mitz Lee and Katherine Nakamura present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
Barry, Carol, from Area 1 Superintendent, to Chief Elementary School Improvement Officer.
Boyd, Rupi, from Principal, Mann Middle School, to Elementary School Improvement Officer.
Kowba, William, from Chief Financial Officer, to Chief Logistics Officer.
Lara, Joe, from Director, MSSC Community Charter School, to Principal, to be determined.
Lathan, Grenita, from Principal, Guilford County Schools, to Chief Elementary School Improvement Officer.
Loria , Karla, from Principal, Guilford County Schools, to Elementary School Improvement Officer.
Masias, James, from Director of Finance, Denver Public Schools, to Chief Finance Officer.
Meyer, Nellie, from Assistant Superintendent, High Schools, to Chief High School Improvement Officer.
Morris, Charles, from President, Edpro Consultants, Inc., to Assignment to be determined.
Ramanathan, Arun, from Executive Director, Government Relations, to Chief Student Services Officer.
Wong, Sam, from Chief Human Resources Officer, to Chief Human Resources Officer.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted 5-0 to approve:
- Appoint William Cary, Pansy Hilliard, Mina Kern, and Teresa Michel to the Community Advisory Committee for Special Education
- Accept a $5,000 donation from Hanban (the Office of Chinese Language Council International) for the “Chinese Bridge Delegatio to China” program, and designate Katherine Nakamura, John de Beck and Sally Steadman as participants.
The Board voted 4-0, with Nakamura absent, to approve:
- Approved 2008-09 Goals for Superintendent Terry Grier
- Approved 2008-09 Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes
The Board voted 3-1, with Acle voting no and Nakamura absent, to approve:
- Change the June 24, 2008 Regular Board Meeting to Friday, June 20, 2008
Recognition and Presentations:Presentation of colors: Mission Bay High School Junior ROTC.