San Diego Unified School District logo
Board Actions
for January 13, 2009

Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.

View the associated board reports.

The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:

Campbell, Brenda, from Program Manager, Supplemental Educational Services and Extended Day Programs to Executive Director, Federal and Special Programs.

Major agenda items:

The Board voted to approve the following items:

• E.03. Conditionally approved The Learning Choice Academy Charter School (TLC) Renewal Charter Petition. The Board approved this item on the condition that the charter school and District staff resolve a disputed term regarding closure of the school.
  • F.03. Property Inventory and Property Management Plan Annual Update for Selected Schools.
  • G.04. Change to board direction approved September 23, 2008, to modify that the annual back-to-school event be planned and organized by community organizations with district staff partnership.
  • G.05. Ratification of expenses related to Everybody Recommitting to Academic Achievement (ERAA) Back-to-School Event, held August 23, 2008, at Lincoln High School.
  • G.06. Direct the Superintendent to provide Procurement Cards for each Board Member.
  • I.01. Annual ratification and reenactment of District Policies and Administrative Procedures.
  • I.02. Annual readoption of the Bylaws of the Board of Education.
  • I.03. Appointed members John De Beck and John Lee Evans as representatives to the California School Boards Association (CSBA) Delegate Assembly.
  • I.04. Voted to allocate $20,000 to study feasibility of a Secondary District School on the new City of San Diego Downtown Library Site.
  • I.05. Directed staff to negotiate a Project Stabilization Agreement for Proposition S School Construction, Repairs and Renovations with the San Diego-Imperial Counties Building and Construction Trades Council.