Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- E.01. 2009-10 Title I Eligibility Ranking and Participation. The Board adopted Scenario 4. Elementary, middle and high schools with poverty levels of 60 percent-100 percent will receive Title I funding, no funding tiers, and per pupil allocation of $432 is the same for all levels.
- E.02. Approved Charter Petition for Gompers Preparatory Academy Charter School.
- F.01. Approved Superintendent's recommendations for Preliminary Proposals for Allocation of Facilities for Charter Schools Under Proposition 39 for 2009-10 school year with amendments: that the district will not have any other events in the leased area; and that the district General Counsel examine whether leases can be awarded for the term of the school's charter.
- G.01. Reappointed Board Member John De Beck to California School Boards Association (CSBA) Delegate Assembly
- H.05 Agreements with Harris Turner, Arcadis-US, Inc. dba PinnacleOne, Inc., and URS Corporation Americas, with the amendment that the contracts are for one year.
- I.01. Board Member Appointments to the Proposition S Independent Citizens Oversight Committee (ICOC). Glenn Hillegas was nominated by Trustee John De Beck. Greg Cantor was nominated by Trustee Katherine Nakamura. Those interested in applying for membership can go to http://www.sandi.net/props/icoc.html .