Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
Susan Martinez, from Program Manager, Special Education, to Executive Director, Special Education.
Joe Fulcher, from Program Manager, Riley School to Director, Special Education.
Donald Mitchell, from Principal, Invention & Design Educational Academy (IDEA), Crawford, to Director, Advanced Placement Incentive Grant II (API 2 Grant).
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- E.02. Authorize Allowance of Physical Education (P.E.) Credit for JROTC and Marching Band.
- F.01. Operational Expectations Monitoring Report OE-6 Financial Administration.
- F.02. Operational Expectations Monitoring Report OE-10, Instructional Program.
- I.02. Affirmation of board direction to freeze all district spending for the remainder of 2008-09, using both restricted and unrestricted funds, unless authorized by the superintendent.
- I.03. Resolution eliminating marksmanship training from San Diego Unified School District.
- 1.04. Policy on district-mandated tests will be developed by the Superintendent.
- I.05. Directed staff to create a lobbyist disclosure process.
- I.07. Resolution recognizing Pete Seeger, American Folk Singer/Songwriter.
- I.08. Direction to Superintendent on Implementation of new Title I funding guidelines. Board approved Scenario 2 from the January 26 meeting: elementary, middle and high schools with poverty levels of 40-100 percent will receive Title I funding; no funding tiers; per pupil allocation of $343 is the same for all levels. In addition, staff will meet with the Site Governance Teams and community members to provide input on an equitable distribution for Title I funds.
Presentation of Colors:
Scripps Ranch Air Force JROTC.
Model United Nations, Scripps Ranch High School.