Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
- Biffle, Ana, from Principal, Knox Elementary, to Director, Program Improvement Schools Support.
- Fernandez, Bea, from Resource Teacher, Parent Outreach, to Program Manager, Parent Outreach.
- Castillo-Duvall, Elizabeth, from Resource Teacher, Office of Language Acquisition, to Child Development Administrator.
- Belsan, Tanya, from Principal, Oak Park Elementary School, to Principal, Dewey Elementary School.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- F.02. Resolution supporting enforcement of California Health and Safety Code Section 11014.5 (defines drug paraphernalia) and Section 11364.7 (provides penalties for its sale).
- -- F.03. Approving Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS) Supplementary Retirement Plan for Paraeducators.
- F.04. Delayed Implementation of the Elimination of Marksmanship Training to 2009-10 school year.
- G.02. Conducted a public hearing to request waiver of Education Code Section 60422 for one-year postponement of grades K-8 mathematics and English language arts adoptions
Presentation of ColorsSan Diego High School JROTC