Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
Presentation of ColorsPoint Loma High School Navy JROTC
Student PresentationMorse High School band
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
- Allen, Toren, from manager, Human Resources and Information Technology, to Director, Applications.
- Wolfson, Dan, from program manager, Educational Technology, to Program Manager, Online Learning.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- F.02. Board Member Appointments to the Proposition S Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee (ICOC): Jay Wilson and Leonard Pinson.
- F.03. Adoption of a Voluntary Recognition Agreement with the Administrators Association San Diego
- G.02. Public Hearing and Approval of the 2008-09 Annual Service and Budget Plans for the Local Plan for Special Education
- H.01. Student Enrollment Forecast for October 2, 2009
- H.02. Final Offers for Allocation of Facilities for Charter Schools Under Proposition 39 (Education Code Section 47614) for the 2009-10 School Year
- H.04. Amendment of Board Policy F-5800 Regarding Volunteer Screening
- H.05. Resolution in the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of an Amount Not to Exceed $170,000,000 of 2009 General Obligation Bonds (Proposition S)
The Board tabled the following item: