Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
Presentation of ColorsMira Mesa High School JROTC
Student PresentationCrown Point Junior Music Academy
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
- Pickering, William, from Budget Systems Analyst, to Manager, Financial Operations.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- F.02. Adoption of the District's Initial Proposal to Reopen Article IX for 2009-10 - Police Officers Association (POA)
- F.03. Resolutions in the Matter of the Elimination of Classified Services (4-1 with Barrera in opposition)
- F.05. Vision Statement for San Diego Unified. (4-1 with Nakamura in opposition)
- G.01. Proposal for Adoption of Textbooks and Instructional Materials for the 2009-10 School Year.
- G.02. Acceptance of School Assistance and Intervention Team (SAIT) Third Progress Report for Wilson Middle School and Seventh Progress Reports for Marshall Elementary and Mann Middle Schools
The Board Did Not Approve the following item: