Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
Student PresentationPerformance by choir from San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA).
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
- Barajas-Aguirre, Georgina, to Principal, Memorial Preparatory for Scholars and Athletes
- Henestroza, Monica, from Manager, Legislative Affairs, to Director, Government Relations
- Lathan, Grenita, to Chief Elementary School Improvement Officer
- Salazar, Ysidro, from Chief Middle School Improvement Officer to Chief Secondary School Officer
- Yarroll, Anne, from Project Resource Teacher, Teacher Preparation and Student Support, to Program Manager, Teacher Preparation and Induction
- In addition, with the exception of Georgina Barajas-Aguirre, all vice-principals were reassigned to classroom teacher
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- F.02. Revisions to Board Governance Policy Statements, Results and Operational Expectations.
- F.03. Voluntary Recognition Agreement between San Diego Unified School District and Administrators Association San Diego.
- F.05. Resolutions in the Matter of the Elimination of Classified Services.
- G.01. Resolution Directing the Superintendent to Develop an Implementation Plan for University of California (UC) 'a-g' for All Students beginning with the 2010-11 school year.
- G.02. Corrective Action Plans for District Schools in Program Improvement (PI) Year 3 (Carson, Edison, Horton, and Rosa Parks elementary schools; Language Academy; Lewis, Pershing, and Wangenheim middle schools; San Diego Communications, Investigations in a Multicultural Atmosphere [CIMA] and San Diego Media, Visual, and Performing Arts [MVPA] high schools). Status and Restructuring Proposals for District Schools in PI Year 4 Status (Encanto Elementary School; Creative, Performing and Media Arts [CPMA] Middle School; and Clairemont High School).
- G.03. Approval of State-Required Single Plans For Student Achievement for the 2009-10 School Year
- G.04. Volunteer Screening, Amendment to District Policy F-5800, Resource Persons/Volunteers