Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
The board made the following appointments/reassignments, with effective dates to be determined:
- Alcantar, Cesar, from Principal, Special Assignment to Principal, Twain.
- Allen, Barbara, from Director Human Resources and Staff Development (Lemon Grove SD) to Director, Educational Technology.
- Ankeney, Kirk, from Executive Director, Curriculum and Instruction to Principal, School of International Studies, San Diego Complex.
- Camacho-Mcgrath, Gina, from Vice Principal, Correia Middle School to Principal, Fletcher Elementary School.
- Cannie, Mary, from MRC Educational Consulting Services to Executive Director, Instructional Support Services.
- Delute, Heriberto, from Vice Principal, Morse High School to Principal, Chesterton Elementary School.
- Hoyt, Bradley , from Learning Support Coordinator (American School) to Program Manager, Special Education.
- Lorden, David, from School Improvement Officer to Director, Professional Development for Administrator Support and Integrated Teams.
- Meyer, Nellie, from Chief High School Improvement Officer to Executive Director, Dropout Prevention.
- Moore, R. Vernon, from Principal, Lincoln High School to Principal, Alternative Learning for Behavior and Attitude (ALBA).
- Morga, Francisco, from Vice Principal, Wilson Middle School to Principal, Jefferson Elementary School.
- Murchison, Derek, from Vice Principal, Oak Park Elementary School to Principal, Adams Elementary School.
- Rode, Ron, from Supervising Educational Researcher to Program Manager, Monitoring and Accountability.
- Williams, Linda, from Vice Principal, Valencia Park Elementary School to Principal, Wegeforth Elementary School.
- Wroblewski, Jennifer, from Principal, Miramar Ranch Elementary School to Principal, Hickman Elementary School.
- The reassignment of principals and vice principals to vice principal, site to be determined.
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- F.02. Public Hearing and Adoption of the 2009-10 District Budget. The Board approved staff-recommended cuts for the 2010-11 school year and the staff-recommended resolution budget resolution.
- F.05. Plan for Regular Budget Reports to the Board: At a future meeting meeting, Superintendent will come up with a plan for regular reports.
- F.06. Renewal Charter Petition for Holly Drive Leadership.
- F.07. District's Initial Proposal to Bargain a Successor Agreement for 2009-10 and Beyond, Operations-Support Services (OSS)
- F.08. Non-binding Agreement with the City of San Diego for the Incorporation of an Educational Facility in the New Main Downtown Library. It is a letter of intent to place a Charter School in the new downtown Central Library.
- F.09. Proposal to Keep Bell Times for 2009-10 Unchanged from 08-09, including the nine changed in February: Alcott, Bayview Terrace, Encanto, Ericson, Gage, Hawthorne, Hearst, Marvin and ALBA. CPMA will keep its new start time of 9:15 a.m.
- H.01. Resolution Authorizing the Issuance of 2009-10 Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes (TRANS) In An Amount Not to Exceed $300,000,000
- H.03. Agreement with First Student, Inc. for Home to School Bus Services
- H.04. Declaration of Need for Fully Qualified Educators