Richard Barrera, John De Beck, John Lee Evans, Shelia Jackson and Katherine Nakamura were present.
The following positions were appointed with effective dates to be determined:
- Loescher, Shawn, from Resource Teacher, College, Career & Technical Education, to Director, School-to-Career.
- Chavez, Gloria, from Senior Employee Relations Specialist, Scripps Health System, San Diego, to Human Resources Officer/Labor Relations
- Phillpott, Rebecca, from Policy Analyst, to Program Manager, Dropout Prevention
- Bondurant-Strong, Jody, from Assistant Director, Special Education, Bellingham Public Schools, WA to Program Manager, Special Education
Major agenda items:
The Board voted to approve the following items:
- F.02. Agreement with The Aspen Group International, LLC to Continue Implementation of Coherent Governance and Authorization to Pay Expenses
- F.03. Tentative Agreement with CSEA/Paraeducators (PARA) for the Collective Negotiations Contract effective July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2010
- G.01. Consideration of Petition and Charter for Evangeline Roberts Institute of Learning
- G.03. Agreement with Northwest Evaluation Association to Provide Computerized Adaptive Tests for Participating Schools in Literacy and Mathematics
- H.01. Approval of the Fiscal year 2008-09 Unaudited Actuals Financial Report in standardized Account Code Structure (SACS) Series Forms (Education Code Section 42100) (Board Governance Policy: OE-6)
- H.02. Operational Expectations Re-Monitoring Report OE-6, Financial Administration